Course number: SV22702
ADAS (Automated Driver Assist Systems) are becoming common on today’s vehicles as we move closer to fully autonomous vehicles. These new systems will require that shop owners, technicians and service advisors educate themselves and their customers on how this technology works.
AudienceAll automotive aftermarket technicians
Skill levelIntermediate to advanced
PrerequisitesProficiency with scan tool; understanding electrical diagnostics
This course includes:
- Overview of Lane Keep Assist, Lane Departure Warning, Blind Spot Monitor & Adaptive Cruise
- Hardware overview (RADAR, LIDAR, smart cameras and ultrasonic sensors)
- Camera/sensor aiming equipment, windshield and paint concerns, etc.
- ABS, electronic throttle and E-steering interactions/customer concerns
- Static and dynamic camera and radar sensor calibrations requirements and tips
- Diagnostic tool data interpretations, service do’s and don’ts and case studies