This advanced course covers 48-volt and higher DC and 3-phase AC circuits utilized in all electrified vehicles. We’ll go through how they work, common failures and diagnostic tips for working on HEVs (Hybrid Electric Vehicles). This course also covers several case studies demonstrating real world in bay testing you can do.
AudienceAll automotive aftermarket technicians and educators
This course includes:
- Diagnosing system main relays and high voltage interlock circuits (P0A0D DTCs)
- HV isolation fault/leakage detection circuit diagnostics
- Alternating Current (AC) power and introduction to inductive reactance/capacitive reactance
- Battery pack data PIDs/load tests
- Introduction to "Plug In...HEVs, PHEVs, and BEVs"
- Introduction to mega and milli ohmmeters
- 48-volt systems, commonalities, and differences with higher voltage systems