A safety-critical part, the ball joint acts as a Block 1 pivot between the wheels and suspension, allowing the vehicle to be steered, whilst also ensuring a comfortable ride. Since it constantly pivots through multiple planes and angles, it is subject to significant stress and wear. So, you’ll want to fit a high-quality ball joint that has been designed, engineered and manufactured to the same standards as OE.
- Manufactured to OE standards for control, comfort and durability
- Ball-pin 100% crack tested for flaw free material
- Undergo rigorous performance and resilience tests
- Chloroprene rubber cover protects internal components
- Superior ball-pin finish and nylon seat coating for smooth movement and long lifetime
- High specification grease for reduced friction, and smooth operation in all temperatures and conditions
- Cataphoretic coating where required provides longer lasting corrosion protection
- Access to technical hotline and support
- Three-year/36,000-mile warranty on all steering parts – available in UK only
Enabling free movement in two planes at the same time, the ball-pin is a critical component. That’s why our ball-pins are manufactured from high-grade steel and machined to micron tolerances. Together with a polyoxymethylene nylon ball-pin seat, they provide optimum durability and smooth joint operation.
Delphi ball joints undergo rigorous performance tests including angular stress testing, where the ball is rotated through its angular and rotational travel under load, as well as a pull and push out test, to measure the force required for it to break away from the housing. These important safety tests ensure the ball joint can withstand the same forces as the OE part.
To help prevent damage to the joint’s internal components, all our ball joints come with a special chloroprene rubber cover. The new and improved formula maintains its durability even in extreme temperatures, providing added protection from road dirt or salt and allowing continued free movement of the ball joint for a longer lasting part.
Like many of our steering parts, Delphi ball joints feature an environmentally friendly cataphoretic coating for tougher and longer lasting protection from corrosion caused by salt, dirt and water and other contaminants.
Longer service intervals
We provide a range of sealed ball joints, that are lubed for life with a high-specification grease, to minimise maintenance requirements. Alongside our precision ball-pin finish and improved rubber boot design, they offer longer ball joint service intervals and better grease retention.
Three-year warranty – available in UK only
As a guarantee of our OE-quality standards, we offer a three-year or 36,000-mile warranty on all our ball joints. So, you can fit Delphi Technologies steering parts with complete confidence.