Ask the following questions below during diagnosis, as they could indicate the compressor or clutch overheated due to a system-related problem.
- Are there indications of over cycling of the compressor clutch? Is the paint on the clutch face burnt or melted?
- Does the clutch show evidence of overheating due to slippage?
- Is there a blue-black appearance to the clutch face due to overheating?
- Are rubber cushions on the clutch melted?
- Are the labels on the compressor body bubbled or melted?
We also recommend inspecting the clutch oil connector for damage from a misaligned drive belt, checking for low voltage at the clutch electrical connector to see if there is a vehicle wiring issue and checking the compressor port for evidence of contamination and debris.