Our Tech Tips for Accumulator Dehydrators
- Do keep shipping caps on the A/D or R/D at all times except when adding oil to the part, or when ready to install to refrigerant lines.
- Reason: Open units will absorb humidity from the air, reducing or eliminating the internal desiccant’s ability to capture system moisture.
- Do finger start the attaching line set nuts.
- Reason: This will help ensure that the fitting threads do not become cross threaded.
- Do not spin the A/D or R/D on the mating line set in an attempt to assemble the joint.
- Reason: Spinning the A/D or R/D can tear the seal and cause the joint to leak.