With the electronic content on vehicles continuing to increase, it's critical that today's technician has a solid understanding of electrical systems. Adopting a master technician level approach, this specially designed one day module will give you in-depth knowledge, as well as the skills required to undertake successful diagnosis of vehicle electrical systems. The course will centre on practical exercises, both in the classroom and on-vehicle.
|Audience||Technicians looking for an in-depth knowledge of advanced electrical systems, measurements and diagnostic strategy.|
|Skill Level||Diagnostic or Master Technician.|
|Guidance||An understanding of vehicle electronics or ideally the successful completion of VE1 & VE2 modules.|
- Electrical principles revision.
- Benefits of advanced vehicle systems.
- Exploring CAN bus types.
- Investigating CAN protocols.
- Smart sensors and actuators.
- Fault diagnosis and repair techniques.
- Other network technologies (MOST, LIN).
- Exploring how diagnostic systems operate.
- Understand and using EOBD.
- Establishing a strategy based diagnostic procedure.
- Networked vehicle systems diagnostics.