Radar Ready! Diagnosing Advanced Driver Assistance Systems
Course number: TBD
ADAS (Automated Driver Assist Systems) are becoming common on today’s vehicles as we move closer to fully autonomous vehicles. These new systems will require that shop owners, technicians and service advisors educate themselves and their customers on how this technology works.
|Skill Level||Intermediate to advanced|
|Audience||All automotive aftermarket technicians|
|Prerequisites||Proficiency with scan tool; understanding electrical diagnostics|
- Overview of Lane Keep Assist, Lane Departure Warning, Blind Spot Monitor & Adaptive Cruise
- Hardware overview (RADAR, LIDAR, smart cameras and ultrasonic sensors)
- Camera/sensor aiming equipment, windshield and paint concerns, etc.
- ABS, electronic throttle and E-steering interactions/customer concerns
- Static and dynamic camera and radar sensor calibrations requirements and tips
- Diagnostic tool data interpretations, service do’s and don’ts and case studies