The old advertisement slogan “Not your father’s Oldsmobile” is rapidly evolving into “Not your neighbor’s Prius!” Today’s electrified vehicles are becoming the norm and are far more technologically advanced compared to the first hybrids that first appeared over 20 years ago. This class brings technicians to the next level in electrified vehicle diagnostics. Let us help you boost your knowledge on PHEVs (Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle), and BEVs (Battery Electric Vehicle) technologies, tools, and diagnostic techniques as you prepare for today and the future!
This course includes:
- The "vehicle" side of HV battery pack charging: On board charging modules
- The "house" side of HV battery pack charging: Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE)
- EVSE Diagnostics; Is it the "house" wiring, the charging cable, or the vehicle?
- High voltage safety and power down (service) procedures unique to PHEVs and BEVs
- High voltage Lithium-ion battery pack thermal management
- Introduction to PHEV and BEV HVAC systems
- Scan tool diagnostics and EVSE tester live demonstration