HD3000 High Pressure Diagnostic Tool
Designed for specialist workshops, our patented HD3000, part number YDT840, simplifies the diagnosis of faults with current and future-generation diesel and gasoline high pressure fuel systems, on all vehicle types. With one tool users will be able to safely set and electronically control any pressure testpoint , up to 3000 bar, in order to investigate the full range of pressures and analyse the performance of the fuel injection system – previously this level of flexibility, accuracy and pressure capability could only be achieved with a system-dedicated test bench. Containing an electronic control device, hydraulic block and electrical device, it incorporates multiple dedicated test routines, as well as an IMV cleaning procedure. All this can be achieved without changing any ECU parameter, dismantling the fuel injection system, or taking the vehicle out on a road test – helping workshops save valuable time and deliver faster service turnarounds.
The HD3000 features multiple simple and functional tests including:
- Pump capacity test under cranking: checks the pump’s ability to create pressure under cranking.
- Pump capacity routine test for Delphi applications: checks the pump’s capacity to generate both the requested pressure and flow using the diagnostic routine.
- Pump capacity test without routine for all makes: tests the pump’s capacity to generate pressure at idle by manually controlling the vehicle actuators - this mode is for both Delphi and all makes applications without a predefined routine in the engine ECU.
- Injector return flow under load at idle: checks the operation of the injectors under load (pump capacity requirement) at idle.
- HPV leak test: tests the operation of the HPV by manual control.
- IMV cleaning: removes lacquering from the IMV, returning them to their original specification -requires solvent cleaner, part number 9001-908.
It also offers several system specific tests:
- Delphi heavy duty systems: measures peak pressure during cranking on F2E systems, plus cranking and running pressure on EUP systems.
- Heavy duty Common Rail systems: performs same tests as light duty up to 3000bar.
- GDI systems: measures the natural cranking pressure.
- As the HD3000 is fitted with a pressure sensor, you can also use it to check for any drift of the electrical characteristics of the pressure sensor fitted on the engine rail. The values can be compared directly with those measured by the HD3000 pressure sensor when connected to the high-pressure system.
The Delphi Difference
100 years of OE experience, supplier to the world’s top automakers
OE heritage and knowledge built into every aftermarket part
Comprehensive portfolio for a wide range of vehicles and model years
Streamlined SKUs for easy inventory management
Support through tools, tips and training
Related product resources and downloads
Diagnostics & Test Equipment Fuel Injection Diagnostic How it works
Can You Spot the Difference? Rely on Delphi Authorised Injector Repairers
You can now! Whilst on the surface these injectors may look fairly similar, the components and processes used to repair them are anything but. Operating at extremely high pressures, even the smallest of variations can cause significant discrepancies...
Diagnostics & Test Equipment Fuel Injection Diagnostic How to
Fuel Analyzer Tech Tips
The technician connected Delphi’s DS150 diagnostic tool to the 16-pin EOBD diagnostics socket to interrogate the vehicle’s fault code history....
Diesel Fuel Injection Diagnostic Technical Tip
Premature Injector D-Ring Failure
Premature D-ring failure of Ford diesel injectors is usually caused by either a leaking ball tube O-ring or leakage between the ball tube and injector D-ring...
Diagnostics & Test Equipment Fuel Injection Diagnostic Technical Tip DIYers Technicians
Hard or non-start problems due to fuel injection system
Some 2.0 HDi vehicles may develop hard or non-start problems which can be attributed to the fuel injection system. This may be due to failures in either the low pressure feed to the high pressure pump, or the high pressure pump itself.
Diesel Diesel Fuel Systems Diesel Systems Fuel Injection Diagnostic How to Technicians
Injector programming how-to for Toyota D-4D engines
Vehicle Applications Engine Models Systems Toyota 1AD-FTV (2L) / 1KD-FTV (3L) / 2AD-FHT (2.2L)/ 2AD-FTV (2.2L)/2KD-FTV (2.4L) Diesel Systems Summary The correction code...
Get in touch
The full Delphi Fuel Injection Diagnostics product range
False Actuator Diagnostic Kit
The False Actuator kit enables interrogation of the pump when a reduction in Common Rail system pressure has been identified.
Sealed Rail Diagnostic Kit
Our Sealed Rail Diagnostic Kit provides simple, low-cost on-vehicle capability for all makes of Common Rail pumps and injectors.
Electronic Injector Test Kit
With Delphi Electronic Injector Test Kit, you’ll be able to quickly test the electrical integrity of all makes of solenoid Common Rail injectors on vehicle.
Delphi wide range of break-out cables and boxes lets you quickly find the cause of electrical faults with common rail injectors.
LP35 Low Pressure Diagnostic Tool
Delphi LP35 is a highly precise, ultra-fast, affordable hand-held tester for the low-pressure side of light, medium & heavy duty vehicles.
Delphi Calibration Fluid is smooth and includes anticorrosion properties. Choice of techs for safety when using diesel injection testing equipment.