With current trends towards engine downsizing, the global market for turbochargers continues to increase. This presents a great opportunity for garages with the right expertise. This one day module provides a detailed overview of turbocharging systems. It will teach you how to diagnose and repair faults on modern turbocharged vehicles.
|Audience||Technicians looking for a greater knowledge of turbocharger systems and fault diagnosis.|
|Skill Level||Service, Repair or Diagnostic Technician.|
Understanding basic engine design and operation is essential. It is advisable to have a good basic level of electrics to gain the most from the course.
Recommend VE1 course or equivlant experience / knowledge prior to attending.
- Overview of the principles of pressure charging systems.
- Principles of combustion and exhaust gas recirculation.
- Pressure charging system components, sensors and actuators.
- Overview of turbocharger types.
- Turbocharger system construction, operation and fault finding.
- The principles of on-vehicle testing using Delphi diagnostic tools.
- Common faults and repair procedures.