HEVs (Hybrid Electric Vehicles), PHEVs (Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle) and BEVs (Battery Electric Vehicles) are NOT service and maintenance free – they are service and maintenance unique! This course is designed to educate technicians, service advisors shop owners on the unique differences and correct methods for servicing and maintaining hybrid vehicles.
This course includes:
- Review of high voltage safety precautions and safety equipment
- Internal Combustion Engine (I.C.E.) differences and similarities between HEVs/PHEVs and non-electrified vehicles
- Cools system service for I.C.E. and power electronics (inverters and converters)
- High voltage battery pack thermal management for HEVs
- Understanding regenerative braking and servicing braking systems unique to HEVs
- Preventative Maintenance (PM) for "Plug Ins...PHEVs and BEVs"
- Promoting services to electrified vehicle owners who might otherwise pass by your shop