If you have a general understanding of a HEV’s (Hybrid Electric Vehicle) major components and have performed maintenance services on HEVs, it’s time to prepare for the diagnosis and repair of HEVs. This course combines highlights / reviews of the “48 Volts and Beyond - Advanced Electrified Vehicle Diagnostics” 4-hour course with several hours of live vehicle demonstrations and technician hands-on work assignments on actual vehicles in a repair shop setting.
This class is offered in-person only.
Note: Class size limited to 12 techs. A working shop or training facility (with lifts) is required. Two instructors with two electrified vehicles will provide safety gloves and other required equipment in order for technicians to be involved in numerous worksheet guided hands-on exercises.
This course includes:
- Review of hybrid and EV technology and safety
- Hybrid and Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) engine no starts
- Dealing with common Hybrid and EV DTCs
- High voltage battery pack diagnostics
- Intro to PHEVs and Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVs)
- Interpreting data PIDs, mega, and milli ohmmeters
- Intro to lap scope diagnostics on high voltage circuits (without damaging you or your scope)